Keeping Up With Commercial Carpet Cleanings
Most carpeting is designed to camouflage dirt, and that’s especially true for commercial carpeting. If the carpet in your business is looking dull or rough around the edges, it’s probably time for a commercial cleaning.
Dingy carpet can hurt your business in several ways. For example:
- A carpet that isn’t well cared-for will need to be replaced sooner than one that receives regular cleanings and maintenance, costing you money.
- If you own commercial building space, keeping your carpets in good repair can cut down on complaints and liability.
- Clean carpeting and flooring are part of the good image of your business; clients will be more comfortable with you, and your employees will feel more positive about their work environment, affecting productivity.
- Clean carpets reduce loose particles, which protects indoor air quality. A clean carpet also reduces illness-causing biological contaminants such as bacteria, mold and viruses that can negatively affect your clients and work staff.
You should consider cleaning your commercial carpet as a regular part of your business maintenance program.
Consider these points when deciding what an appropriate cleaning schedule should be:
- Color, nap and pile, type and density of your carpet: a higher-quality carpet will probably be able to go longer without cleaning, for example, and hold up better over the long run.
- Foot traffic in your place of business: this aspect is going to change based on seasons and weather.
- The type of your commercial space: if you deal in auto parts or auto mechanics, for example, you will need to have a much heavier cleaning schedule.
- The type of business you conduct: a daycare or restaurant is going to need more attention than an attorney’s office. If you are a business related to the medical field, your needs may be very specific based on the area of medicine you are associated with.
SERVPRO of Waycross, Hinesville & Douglas team stands ready to help with all your commercial cleaning needs. We are experienced in the area of cleanup after water and fire damage, and mold remediation is one of our specialties, as well. Call us today at (912)285-0724