Practicing Fire Safety in Your Business
The Waycross, Hinesville & Douglas SERVPRO team would like to share some tips with you today to help keep you, your staff, and your business property safe from fire.
- Install good quality smoke detectors on or near the ceilings of your business in all areas, including warehouses and outlying buildings.Installing Carbon Monoxide alarms in the same areas is always a good idea. CO is an odorless and colorless gas produced by burning fuels.
- Ensure that you have multipurpose fire extinguishers readily accessible in several areas of your property. Make sure your staff knows where they are and how to use them.
- Have your HVAC unit inspected on a regular basis. Employ a professional for these tasks.
- Have an escape plan for your team, and make sure everyone understands it and can follow the plan in case of fire. Post your evacuation plan in public areas so that both your staff and customers are aware of where to go in the event of a fire. Second story buildings should have an escape ladder.
- There are remote monitors available today to let you know if there is a fire in your buildings while you are not there. They can be plugged into an electrical outlet easily and connected to your internet, and you will be notified by the app you download on your phone.
- During repair or remodeling to your business property, use fire-resistant building materials when available. For example, using a fire retardant brand of insulation can be a huge part of keeping your work spaces fire safe.
Call the team here at SERVPRO of Waycross, Hinesville & Douglas for help with fire safety. We are always available to assist with home or commercial cleanup after fire and water damage. Our phone number is (912) 285-0724 and our website is: SERVPRO of Waycross, Hinesville & Douglas. We care about you!