Water Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
If you suspect your roof is leaking don’t postpone an inspection. Prevent further damage by requesting SERVPRO of Waycross, Hinesville & Douglas to inspect your roof for missing shingles and to tarp the area if necessary. Roof leaks are common especially if your roof has experienced wind damage or is older. Roof leaks may be tricky for a homeowner to identify, because the leak may not be constant or drastic. It is always a helpful tip to call in the restoration professionals for a second opinion.
SERVPRO of Waycross, Hinesville & Douglas is a trusted leader in the restoration industry and we are always HERE to HELP our local communities.
Have A Water Damage Emergency? Call (912) 285-0724
What To Do After Flooding
- Remove excess water by mopping and blotting.
- Wipe excess water from wood furniture after removal of lamps and tabletop items.
- Remove and prop wet upholstery and cushions.
- Place aluminum foil or wood blocks between furniture legs and wet carpeting.
- Turn air conditioning on for maximum drying in summer.
- Remove colored rugs from wet carpeting.
- Remove art objects to a safe, dry place.
- Gather loose items from floors.
What NOT To Do After Flooding
- Don't leave wet fabrics in place. Hang furs and leather goods.
- Don't leave books, magazines or other colored items on wet carpet or floors.
- Don't use your household vacuum to remove water.
- Don't use television or other household appliances.
- Don't turn on ceiling fixtures if ceiling is wet, and keep out of rooms where ceilings are sagging.