Strong Storms Predicated for the Weekend
NOAA Weather Predictions
There is an increased risk for tornadoes as server thunderstorms roll into South Georgia on Friday morning. With the increased risk of thunderstorms, many schools have already been canceled to ensure the safety of all students.
SERVPRO of Waycross, Hinesville & Douglas are prepared for whatever happens by having our crews on standby to respond to your home or business after a storm damage occurs.
If your home is damaged by strong winds, hail, or flood damage call SERVPRO of Waycross, Hinesville & Douglas to respond immediately.
SERVPRO of Waycross, Hinesville & Douglas offers various storm damage services for residential and commercial clients including:
- Water Damage Restoration
- Board Up's
Board ups and tarping are very important to minimize further damage to the property. SERVPRO of Waycross, Hinesville & Douglas are available 24 hours a day 7 days a week.
Preparing Your Home for Spring Storms
SERVPRO of Waycross, Hinesville & Douglas in progress of drying out a local apartment complex after a water damage.
Spring brings lots of changes, especially with the weather. A sunny week can be followed by a week of storms, and you will want to be prepared for all these situations.
You will want to do an assessment of your property before heavy rains:
1. Proper Drainage
2. Roof Leaks
3. Window and Door Leaks
Make arrangements as soon as possible for repairs to be done before the rainy season begins.
Thunderstorms cause most of the severe spring weather. Lightning, flooding, and other types of activity will be a part of your spring weather experience, which is caused when warm, moist air collides with cool, dry air. Planning ahead makes sense so that your property and the people you care about can avoid injury and damages.
Here are some things to think about or to have on hand for storms:
- A battery-operated flashlight, with extra batteries.
- A battery-operated, NOAA Weather Radio.
- An emergency evacuation plan. Have a map of your home complete with an escape route in case of a flood. Make sure everyone knows where to go in the event of a disaster.
- Make sure everyone has a list of important contact information, such as:
Telephone numbers of police and fire departments
Telephone numbers of family, neighbors, and friends
- Medical information for members of the household
- A First Aid Kit
- Any medications necessary for additional needs
- 3-5-day supply of clean water and non-perishable food
- Blankets, sleeping bags, etc.
Planning ahead before wet weather hits is always a good idea. Call us here at SERVPRO of Waycross, Hinesville & Douglas if your property sustains water or flood damage.
When Tornadoes Strike!
Tornado season is here! South Georgia is at a moderate risk for tornadoes according to AccuWeather predictions for 2019. Devastating tornadoes have already hit Southwest Georgia and Alabama in early March.
The SERVPRO of Waycross, Hinesville & Douglas are here to help when disaster strikes. We provide various storm-related services such as:
- Tarping Services
- Board Up Services
- Emergency Water Removal and Dehumidification
We are here to help and are available 24 hours a day, we are prepared for the unpredictable. The SERVPRO Disaster Recovery Team can provide help whether you're dealing with a tornado, hurricane, or flood. The SERVPRO System has a network of strategically positioned storm teams on standby should a disaster strike near you.
SERVPRO of Waycross, Hinesville & Douglas can be reached anytime at (912)285-0724
Fire Damage to Local Waycross Complex
Late Sunday night our SERVPRO of Waycross, Hinesville & Douglas team responded to a kitchen fire that ignited a sprinkler system on the 3rd floor of a local apartment complex. Our team arrived before sunrise and was able to begin immediate water extraction. The sprinkler system did a great job putting out the fire causing minimal fire damage; however the water from the sprinkler system soaked through 3 floors of the building leaving standing water in a few of the rooms.
SERVPRO of Waycross, Hinesville & Douglas wasted no time in restoring this property from soot, water, and smoke damage. Our highly trained technicians began an immediate plan of action to prevent further damage by extracting all of the standing water. After our teams extracted as much water as possible, we then used our drying technologies to dry out the affected rooms and materials.
Our highly trained crews have the specialized equipment and resources to handle the job, large or small, residential and/or commercial. If you are dealing with fire damage, count on the experienced team at SERVPRO of Waycross, Hinesville & Douglas.
Call us today at (912)285-0724
Sewage Backups and Toilet Overflows
Sewage backups in your home or business can be caused by a wide range of issues including aging sewage system, combined pipelines, tree roots, sanitary blockages, and even to much rain!
Backups can cause a large and hazardous disaster in your home and should be treated as a very serious situation. The water that is being backed up into these pipes is grossly unsanitary and could contain numerous bacteria and viruses.
Types of water to be involved in a sewage backup or toilet overflow:
- Category 1: “Clean Water” - a broken water supply line like a faucet. If not treated in timeline manor could potentially become Cat 2-3.
- Category 2: “Gray Water” - washer machine overflow, toilet overflow without feces; or dishwasher overflow. May contain bacteria and viruses.
- Category 3: “Black Water” - water from beyond the toilet trap, water from toilet bowl with fecal matter, or standing water that has begun to support microbial growth.
If you need a home inspection to determine if your water damage is contaminated water contact SERVPRO of Waycross, Hinesville, and Douglas at
The Difference Between Mold Remediation vs. Mold Removal
Mold spores exist naturally almost everywhere. They can be found both indoors and out, and since they are microscopic, it cannot be detected in the beginning by the naked eye. Removing all mold from a home or business is actually impossible!
Some professional restoration businesses choose to advertise mold removal and even go so far as to guarantee the removal of all mold, but this is not really possible. A qualified restoration company understands the science behind mold and its growth. SERVPRO of Waycross, Hinesville & Douglas has the training to remediate the mold in your home or business; remediation means that the focus is on getting mold back to its normal and natural level.
Every situation where mold damage is found is going to be totally different and therefore will require a specific solution, but in general, the mold remediation process remains the same.
If you believe that you have an unnatural and possibly hazardous mold situation, call our team at SERVPRO of Waycross, Hinesville & Douglas and schedule an inspection and mold damage assessment. We will take steps to contain the mold and filtrate the air of the area affected. All mold and materials will be removed, and contents and belongings of the area will be cleaned thoroughly. We will then undertake the restoration of your property and make sure you are mold-damage free.
Call us here at SERVPRO of Waycross, Hinesville & Douglas if you suspect mold
If you need a roof tarping after storm damage contact us 24- hours a day; you will always be answered with a friendly staff member to assist you.
Did you know that SERVPRO of Waycross, Hinesville & Douglas offers roof tarping! That’s right your local SERVPRO offers emergency service tarping 24-hours a day seven days a week. We are HERE to HELP protect and prevent your home from further damages.
3 Benefits of Roof Tarping:
1. Prevents further water damage.
2.Allows for temporary roofing fix until your roofing contractor is a available.
3. Secures your property from environmental factors.
As we approach the peak of Tornado Season some homeowners may discover there roof needs repair. When strong winds cause damage to your roof or structure contact SERVPRO of Waycross, Hinesville & Douglas to conduct a tarping to prevent further damage.
We are a trusted leader in the restoration industry and are here to help our neighbors when disaster strikes.
Call Today: (912)285-0724
Tornado Season in Southeast Georgia
Floods and storms don’t wait for normal business hours, and neither do we. You can depend on an immediate response from our highly trained technicians
We are at the start of tornado season for Southeast Georgia with our biggest threat of wind damage for our inner coastal Georgia areas. Even though tornadoes are year-round in Georgia they see their peak in March through May.
What to know about tornadoes in Georgia
- All of Georgia is prone to tornadoes
- Tornadoes most often occur in mid-afternoon to early evening. But can strike at anytime day or night.
- Georgia tornadoes are often accompanied by hail and strong rainfall.
Know the difference between a Tornado Watch and Tornado Warning
- Tornado Watch: Weather conditions have the "ingredients" to produce a tornado.
- Tornado Warning: A tornado has been spotted in your area and should take immediate shelter.
How to Prepare for Tornado Season
- Identify a "Storm Shelter" that is either an interior room with no windows or a basement preferably.
- Prepare a Storm Ready Kit
- Listen to NOAA Weather Radio, commercial radio, television newscasts, or download the Ready Georgia mobile app for the latest information.
- Always be aware of changing weather conditions.
Tornado season is here stay prepared and stay aware. SERVPRO of Waycross, Hinesville or Douglas is prepared to help you and your family when a storm hits our rural Georgia area. We offer a wide range of emergency response services such as:
- Tarping Damaged Roofs and Buildings
- Containing Damage
- 24- Hour Emergency Response
- Water Damage Restoration
We are ALWAYS Here to Help our neighbors when disaster strikes. Find out more about how we can help you recover from storm damage here.
Have Storm or Flood Damage?
Call Us Today (912) 285-0724
4 Tips in Choosing a Water Restoration Company
We make your water damage “Like it never even happened.”
As a homeowner, you dread the idea of any type of damage occurring. From limbs falling to toilets overflowing; some accidents are just unpreventable. Water intrusion can cause extensive damage to wood, drywall, flooring, upholstery, and furniture. If water damage is not handled properly in a timely manner it can lead to mold growth and the need to remediate the property.
4 Tips When Choosing a Water Restoration Company?
- Emergency Response: with water damage being time sensitive to prevent future damage, you want to be sure that the water restoration company that you choose is willing to respond to a call 24/7.
- Willing to Work With Insurance: Insurance can sometimes be hard to navigate. That’s why choosing a restoration company that is willing to discuss the claim with insurance and has knowledge of water restoration terminology is crucial.
- Highly Trained and Certified: Choose a restoration company that is certified by the IICRC and has ongoing continuing education to learn about the latest drying methods and technologies. Also, consider how long the company has been around and their reputation in the community.
- Treats You and the Home with Respect: It’s important to find a company you feel that you can trust and that respects you and your belongings.
SERVPRO of Waycross, Hinesville & Douglas pride themselves in being available to our customers 24/7 for water and fire restoration emergencies. We are confident in working with your insurance companies; we know the terminologies and can help you throughout the claims process. Our SERVPRO team is highly trained and are continuously renewing certifications to stay updated on all fire and water restoration techniques. Last but certainly not least our SERVPRO of Waycross, Hinesville & Douglas team will treat you with respect and deliver quality customer services as well as restoration services.
Need assistance today? Contact us 24/7
Restoring vs. Replacing
SERVPRO of Waycross, Hinesville & Douglas working with you to restore your belongings.
At the SERVPRO of Waycross, Hinesville & Douglas we are highly trained water restoration specialist and value restoring versus replacing.
Why is restoring so important to SERVPRO of Waycross, Hinesville & Douglas?
- Peace of Mind - We value your belongings. The SERVPRO of Waycross, Hinesville & Douglas takes the time to restore affected items preserving your financial investment as well as family heirlooms and keepsakes.
- Save Money: Restoring is more cost-effective in the majority of cases due to replacement cost values. For example, it is cheaper to dry and save flooring than to remove and replace it.
- Return to Normal Quicker: The drying process will return your home to normalcy sooner than replacing materials and working with contractors.
- Restoring is Environmentally Friendly: by restoring flooring and other items that may be affected by fire or water damage you prevent future items from entering landfills.
Ways we restore vs replace:
- Documents & Photo Restoration: Restoring precious documents and photos are crucial, especially if the documents are legally binding. Our SERVPRO document restoration team uses innovate vacuum freeze-drying techniques; in fact, we use the same freeze-drying methods used by the Library of Congress to dry valuable historic documents and books.
- Electronics: Electronics after a water damage presents a serious safety hazard and should be properly handled. That is why the SERVPRO of Waycross, Hinesville & Douglas will coordinate an electrician to look over each effected electronic.
- Floors: General carpet cleanings by SERVPRO of Waycross, Hinesville & Douglas can restore your rugs and carpets after a water loss in the home. Other types of flooring may be tricky depending on the materials used. The SERVPRO of Waycross, Hinesville & Douglas team will explain if the flooring if the flooring is salvageable or not depending on moisture and the amount of water that has penetrated the flooring.
- Furniture: If furniture is damp or has water damage SERVPRO of Waycross, Hinesville & Douglas will test a spot on the fabric to see if the item is salvageable through an upholstery cleaning.
Our #1 goal is returning damaged areas and items to preloss conditions doing all we can to make it “Like it never even happened.” SERVPRO of Waycross, Hinesville & Douglas is dedicated to restoring both your property and the normalcy in your lives.
Contact SERVPRO of Waycross, Hinesville & Douglas for your water restoration needs