Refrigerator Causes Water Damage
Could your refrigerator/ice maker cause damage? Truth is it could cause damage throughout your entire home! Refrigerators/Icemakers water supply line can disconnect spreading water throughout your house.
How can this happen?
1. The supply line to your fridge or ice maker if not installed properly can disconnect. Homeowners are encouraged to have a professional to install the tubing.
2. The supply line is aged and wears over time. Regularly check the supply line to check for corrosion or signs of damage.
3. Small pinholes in the supply line. When installed there may be tiny holes in the supply line that go undetected for years, leading to gallons of water seeping into the home.
What to do if your home is damaged?
1. Turn off the water until the leak is fixed.
2. Contact a water restoration professional like the SERVPRO of Waycross, Hinesville & Douglas to properly dry out your home and to prevent further damages from mold and mildew.
3. Re-install the fridge by a trained professional.
Have a water damage? Give us a call.
2nd Annual Emergency Prep Event
SERVPRO of Waycross, Hinesville & Douglas will be kicking of our 2nd Annual Emergency Preparedness Event in Waycross!
We are thrilled to announce that this years event is going to be BIGGER and BETTER! This years event will be at the Okefenokee Fairgrounds!
- American Red Cross
- Coffee/Atkins/Bacon County Amateur Radio
- Satilla Tree Surgeons
- UGA Extension - Ware
- Ware County CERT
- Ware County DPH
- Ware County EMA
- Ware County EMS
- Ware County Fire Department
- Ware County Sheriffs Office
- Ware County 911
- Waycross Fire Department
- Waycross Police/SWAT
This years event we will be having door prizes for each family, as well as raffles and a chance to win a generator! If you have a child in a car seat- the Ware County Department of Health will be conducting free car seat checks to be sure the seat is still in date and installed properly.
We look forward to seeing everyone at the event on 8/24 from 11-2!
Storm Prep Seminar - Waycross, GA
SERVPRO of Waycross, Hinesville & Douglas enjoyed speaking to the Waycross- Ware County community members at the Storm Prem Seminar hosted by the Waycross- Ware County Chamber of Commerce on August 14, 2019, at Coastal Pines Technical College.
The Storm Prep Seminar was geared towards preparing the community for peak hurricane season. Even though Ware County is not at risk from hurricanes, we still experience strong winds, rain, and experience an overwhelming amount of evacuees from coastal areas. Jonathan Daniels with Ware County Emergency Management Agency spoke about the importance of getting a plan in place before the storm and identifying evacuation shelters. Ware County CERT was also a key presenter at the seminar. CERT Coordinator, Perry Blackburn spoke about the important role CERT team plays in the community in preparing and helping community members understand the importance of emergency preparedness.
Our very own Ericka Walker, spoke about the importance of having a SERVPRO Emergency Ready Profile in place for your business. Emergency Ready Profiles are a free service SERVPRO of Waycross, Hinesville & Douglas offers to business owners in our community to asses the property before damage strikes and take photos as well as gather valuable information you will need after a disaster.
Tropical Storm Barry and Georgia
Tropical Storm Barry has formed in the Gulf of Mexico and is expected to make landfall late Friday to Saturday morning. As the storm strengthens forecasters are anticipating Tropical Storm Barry to become a Category 1 Hurricane when it reaches the Louisana Coast with 10-15 inches of rain.
Georgia is expected to get increased rain chances as well as higher humidity levels as the storm passes to the west of us.
Our thoughts are with the people of Coastal Louisiana and proudly back the SERVPRO Storm Teams preparing to restore properties after wind and flood damage.
If your Georgia home suffers from flood or wind damage, contact SERVPRO of Waycross, Hinesville & Douglas to make it “Like it never even happened.”
Clear Out Gutters to Prevent Water Damages
Prevent possible water damages by regularly cleaning your gutters or investing in gutter guards.
Most people never think about the gutters on their home, but they play a very important role. Your gutters and downspouts direct rainwater away from your home so that it doesn't get into your crawlspace or basement, which can cause damage to your home. The best way to keep water flowing smoothly through your gutters is to keep them clean and free of debris, and here are some tips on how to do so.
If you are willing to invest the money, buying gutter guards is one of the best ways to keep your gutters clean. Gutter guards, or gutter shields, as they are sometimes called, are made of aluminum or vinyl mesh. The mesh has small holes that are big enough to let the raindrops in but small enough to keep most dirt and debris out. Gutter guards can cost hundreds of dollars, and it's not an expense that many people want to make or can afford.
The good news is there are other good ways to keep your gutters clean. One of those is simply to do a regular gutter cleaning. This usually involves getting on a ladder and grabbing some gloves and a garden hose. You can wash out most of the dirt and debris with the hose, although you may have to remove large clumps by hand. You should do this a couple of times a year.
To help keep your gutters from getting debris in them in the first place, it's a good idea to trim back trees. Large trees that have branches that hang over your roof are a good source of leaves and sticks that can clog up your gutters. Keeping trees trimmed back away from your house won't alleviate the problem altogether, but it should cut down on a number of leaves and other debris you wind up within your gutters.
Prevention is key when it comes to your gutters, which is why regular cleaning is important. Ignoring your gutters can lead to water damage that requires home restoration work.
If you do wind up with water damage in your home because of clogged gutters SERVPRO of Waycross, Hinesville & Douglas can take care of your water damage to make it “Like it never even happened.” We offer 24/7 emergency service - give us a call!
No Job too Big for SERVPRO of Waycross, Hinesville & Douglas
When your commercial property floods, rely on SERVPRO of Waycross, Hinesville & Douglas. We minimize the disruption to your clients while delivering industry leading results. Our commercial cleaning services range from emergency water extraction to yearly HVAC cleanings.
Whether you just need a yearly maintance clean or emergency restoration SERVPRO of Waycross, Hinesville & Douglas is here to make it “Like it never even happened.”
SERVPRO of Waycross, Hinesville & Douglas proudly offers these services to not only our residential customers, but commercial clients as well:
- Commercial Fire Restoration
- Commercial Water Restoration
- Commercial Storm Damage Restoration
- Air Ducts and HVAC
- Biohazard and Sewage
- Trauma and Crime Scene
- Ceilings and Walls
- Odor Removal and Deodorization
SERVPRO of Waycross, Hinesville & Douglas can respond immediately to your commercial fire, water and or storm damage emergencies regardless of the size or scope of the damage. We are part of a national network of over 1,700 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale events and disasters.
We are always HERE to HELP. Reach out to us anytime at (912)285-0724
FIREWORKS and SPARKLERS are a fun and thrilling way to celebrate the 4th of July. This year more people are ditching the stay at home firework show for the experts for great reason.
More fires are reported on July 4 than any other day of the year, according to the National Fire Protection Association. Each year, fireworks cause on average 1,300 structure fires, 300 vehicle fires and nearly 17,000 other fires resulting in thousands of injuries.
Tips if you choose to buy fireworks, be sure to follow the following safety tips:
- Never use fireworks while impaired by drugs or alcohol
- Never allow young children to handle fireworks
- Older children should use them only under close adult supervision
- Anyone using fireworks or standing nearby should wear protective eyewear
- Never light them indoors
- Only use them away from people, houses and flammable material
- Only light one device at a time and maintain a safe distance after lighting
Never ignite devices in a container
- Do not try to re-light or handle malfunctioning fireworks
- Soak unused fireworks in water for a few hours before discarding
- Keep a bucket of water nearby to fully extinguish fireworks that don't go off or in case of fire
Better yet, grab a blanket and a patch of lawn, kick back and let the experts handle the show.
SERVPRO of Waycross, Hinesville & Douglas wishes you a happy and safe July 4th! Let freedom ring and safety be top of mind!
Liberty County Hurricane Preparedness Expo
Hurricane Preparedness Expo put on by Liberty County Emergency Management Agency on June 14 at Lowe’s in Hinesville.
SERVPRO of Waycross, Hinesville & Douglas was very eager to participate in this years Hurricane Preparedness Expo in Liberty County. The Hurricane Preparedness Expo is aimed at preparing the community for hurricanes and teaching them what resources in the community are available to them after disaster strikes. Hurricane season began on June 1st, and we have already had one named storm this season.
The Hurricane Preparedness Expo was held last Friday, June 14 from 3:00-6:00 PM at the Lowes on W Oglethorpe Highway. The expo had hourly ticket drawings for door gift cards and other preparedness goodies like weather radios.
Participating Companies and Agencies included:
- Georgia Farm Bureau of Liberty County
- Georgia Power
- Floyd's Tree Service
- Ft.Stewart EMA
- Liberty County EMA
- Liberty Regional Medical Center/EMS
- Long County EMA
- SERVPRO of Waycross, Hinesville & Douglas
- Sho Nuff Smokin BBQ
SERVPRO of Waycross, Hinesville, and Douglas understands that your home is more than a structure; your family’s furniture, clothing, keepsakes, and other belongings help transform a house into a home. The first 24 hours after a storm causing widespread flooding and water damage are the most important in preventing secondary or permanent damage. Our team is ready to respond as quickly as possible to help our local communities with cleanup and restoration. We take pride in our community and serving the people that reside in it. We’re faster to any size disaster with highly trained technicians.
If your home or business is affected by flood or storm damage trust the SERVPRO of Waycross, Hinesville & Douglas to make it “Like it never even happened.”
Keeping Up With Commercial Carpet Cleanings
Schedule a carpet cleaning inspection and estimate today!
Most carpeting is designed to camouflage dirt, and that’s especially true for commercial carpeting. If the carpet in your business is looking dull or rough around the edges, it’s probably time for a commercial cleaning.
Dingy carpet can hurt your business in several ways. For example:
- A carpet that isn’t well cared-for will need to be replaced sooner than one that receives regular cleanings and maintenance, costing you money.
- If you own commercial building space, keeping your carpets in good repair can cut down on complaints and liability.
- Clean carpeting and flooring are part of the good image of your business; clients will be more comfortable with you, and your employees will feel more positive about their work environment, affecting productivity.
- Clean carpets reduce loose particles, which protects indoor air quality. A clean carpet also reduces illness-causing biological contaminants such as bacteria, mold and viruses that can negatively affect your clients and work staff.
You should consider cleaning your commercial carpet as a regular part of your business maintenance program.
Consider these points when deciding what an appropriate cleaning schedule should be:
- Color, nap and pile, type and density of your carpet: a higher-quality carpet will probably be able to go longer without cleaning, for example, and hold up better over the long run.
- Foot traffic in your place of business: this aspect is going to change based on seasons and weather.
- The type of your commercial space: if you deal in auto parts or auto mechanics, for example, you will need to have a much heavier cleaning schedule.
- The type of business you conduct: a daycare or restaurant is going to need more attention than an attorney’s office. If you are a business related to the medical field, your needs may be very specific based on the area of medicine you are associated with.
SERVPRO of Waycross, Hinesville & Douglas team stands ready to help with all your commercial cleaning needs. We are experienced in the area of cleanup after water and fire damage, and mold remediation is one of our specialties, as well. Call us today at (912)285-0724
Practice Fire Safety in your Office
When was the last time your office practice fire safety. It’s always better to be prepared!
Our team here at SERVPRO of Wacross, Hinesville & Douglas would like to share some tips with you today to help keep yourself, your staff, and your business property safe from fire:
- Install high-quality smoke detectors on or near the ceilings of your business in all areas, including warehouses and outlying buildings.
- Installing Carbon Monoxide alarms in the same areas is always a good idea since CO is an odorless and colorless gas produced by burning fuels.
- Ensure that you have multipurpose fire extinguishers readily accessible in several areas of your property, and make sure your staff knows where they are and how to use them properly.
- Have your HVAC unit inspected on a regular basis. Employ a professional for these types of specialized tasks.
- Create an escape plan for your team and make sure everyone understands it and can follow the plan in case of fire. Post your evacuation plan in public areas so that both your staff and customers are aware of where to go in the event of a fire. Second story buildings should have an escape ladder; post warnings near any elevators that they are not to be used in case of a fire.
There are remote monitors available today that let you know if there is a fire in your buildings while you are not there. They can be plugged into an electrical outlet easily and connected to your internet, and you will be notified by the app you download on your phone.
- During repair or remodelling of your business property, use fire-resistant building materials when available. For example, using a fire retardant brand of insulation can be a huge part of keeping your workspaces fire safe.
Call the team here at SERVPRO of Wacross, Hinesville & Douglas for assistance with fire safety, and remember: we are always available for large-scale cleanups after fire and water damage in both residential and commercial properties.