19 Named Storms for Hurricane Season 2020
THE NOAA predicts 13 to 19 named storms for the Atlantic this year. That being said the NOAA is predicting that there is a 60% chance for an above-normal hurricane season with a 30% chance that the hurricane season will be average.
With a possibility for an above-average hurricane season - SERVPRO of Waycross, Hinesville & Douglas is here to remind you to reevaluate your Hurricane Preparedness Kits. When reevaluating your kit be sure to have a face mask and hand sanitizer to keep COVID 19 in mind!
“Social distancing and other CDC guidance to keep you safe from COVID-19 may impact the disaster preparedness plan you had in place, including what is in your go-kit, evacuation routes, shelters and more. With tornado season at its peak, hurricane season around the corner, and flooding, earthquakes and wildfires a risk year-round, it is time to revise and adjust your emergency plan now,” said Carlos Castillo, acting deputy administrator for resilience at FEMA.
SERVPRO of Waycross, Hinesville & Douglas is here to help you prepare for whatever happens! Stay informed by following US National Weather Service on Facebook!
Learn more about SERVPRO of Waycross, Hinesville & Douglas storm services here!
Preparing for Hurricane Season 2020
Hurricane season for the Atlantic begins June 1 and runs through November 30. Hurricanes can be life-threatening as well as cause serious property-threatening hazards such as flooding, storm surge, high winds, and tornadoes. Preparation is the best protection against the danger of a hurricane.
- Plan an evacuation route and your emergency plan(https://www.ready.gov/make-a-plan)
- Take an inventory of your property
- Hurricane Prep Kit https://www.ready.gov/build-a-kit
A basic disaster supply kit includes
- 1 gallon of water per person
- non-perishable food to last three days
- a battery-powered or hand-cranked radio,
- flashlight + extra batteries
- first aid kit
- whistle to signal for help
- moist towelettes, garbage bags and plastic ties for personal sanitation
- Wrench or pliers to turn off utilities
- Can opener for food
- Local maps
When a hurricane strikes, SERVPRO of Waycross, Hinesville & Douglas is ready to take action to restore your home or business and to prevent further damage. If you need help after a hurricane, count on SERVPRO of Waycross, Hinesville & Douglas to make it “Like it never even happened.”
Get Help Cleaning Your Biohazard Disaster!
Did you know that SERVPRO is not only the industry leader in fire and water restoration but also offers a fast and reliable biohazard and crime scene clean up service for commercial properties?
SERVPRO of Waycross, Hinesville & Douglas is equipped with the necessary safety equipment and cleaning products to help return a property to a clean and safe environment. SERVPRO of Waycross, Hinesville & Douglas has experienced technicians to effectively remove any biohazardous substances as well as properly dispose of biohazardous waste according to OSHA, EPA, and State of Georgia health regulations.
What is considered Biohazardous:
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Methamphetamine Labs
- Crime Scene Residues
- Sewage Backups
- Black Water Intrusions
- Mold Mitigation and Remediation
Why should you call a professional to clean up biohazardous materials?
Exposure to biological and chemical contaminants can pose serious health consequences for anyone coming in contact with biohazardous material. A failure to properly handle and safely remove hazardous substances can contribute to unhealthy and even dangerous environments.
If your commercial property experiences a biohazardous waste situation do not hesitate to call SERVPRO of Waycross, Hinesville & Douglas. We are always here to help and to keep you safe.
Why Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned offers several benefits:
- Custom Cleaning Plans – from proactive cleaning programs to suspected/confirmed COVID cleanings are based on your business type, square footage, high-frequency touchpoints, foot traffic, congestion areas, public spaces, and more
- Visual Relief to customers and employees – the Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned seal ensures them the space has been cleaned
- High Standard of Cleaning
- Clean bacteria and other microbes
- Sanitize soft and porous surfaces
- Disinfect hard and high-touch surfaces
- Transparent + Fair Pricing
The After Perks:
- After being cleaned – guest-accessible hygiene products, signage
- Technology – digital emblems to share on your website, on your social media
Learn how to take the proactive steps in getting your school, church, or business Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned and give everyone a peace of mind for when they get back to the new normal!
Give us a call to schedule a consultation!
Lightning Damage Call SERVPRO!
Lightning strikes can cause significant damage to your home or business. Often you will not see signs of the damage at first due to the damage hiding in attics or inside walls. We suggest that after lightning strikes your home that you call the fire department immediately even if you do not see flames or smoke. It is also good to remember to call your electrician after a lightning strike to run an electrical diagnostic test.
According to the NFPA from 2007-2011 the U.S. Local fire departments responded to an estimated average of 22,600 fires per year that were started by lightning.
Lighting bolts are estimated to reach up to 50,000 degrees.
SERVPRO of Waycross, Hinesville & Douglas has experienced the aftermath of a fire caused by a lightning strike. The odor, the charred insulation within the attic or walls. SERVPRO of Waycross, Hinesville & Douglas has an experienced team to handle any size fire or water loss.
If your home has been hit by lighting count on SERVPRO of Waycross, Hinesville & Douglas to make the fire damage “Like it never even happened.”
The Science of Drying Your Water Damage
Bet you didn’t know that SERVPRO of Waycross, Hinesville & Douglas has a team of scientists! There is a specific science behind drying out water damages. Our SERVPRO of Waycross, Hinesville & Douglas team has the knowledge of psychrometrics. Psychrometrics is essential to restoring a water damaged structure to preloss condition. While your initial reaction may be to grab a few towels to mop up the mess and place fan or two around the damaged area, the team at SERVPRO of Waycross, Hinesville & Douglas are trained in the science of drying and follow strict industry-approved standards to help lower the chances of any secondary damages.
If your business suffers a water damage SERVPRO of Waycross, Hinesville & Douglas will:
- Inspect and detect every area that is holding moisture
- Measure how much moisture is in the materials, as well as how each material is drying.
- Speed up Mother Nature by using professional drying equipment.
What do we mean when we say “speed up Mother Nature”?
A wet building can often dry naturally, but often takes to long and secondary damages occur while the natural dry out process occurs. SERVPRO of Waycross, Hinesville & Douglas has the drying equipment to speed up the drying process to minimize and eliminate further damages in the home.
Need help after water damage? Contact SERVPRO of Waycross, Hinesville & Douglas today.
Get Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a comprehensive cleaning program that goes far beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning. The program was created from protocols and practices suggested by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) using the Environmental Protection Agency (EPA)-registered professional cleaning and disinfecting products.
The Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned process is grounded in three unique "Cs":
- Consult – A SERVPRO representative will develop a tailored cleaning program to meet your needs.
- Clean – SERVPRO will deliver both proactive and COVID-19 emergency response cleaning.
- Certify – SERVPRO will certify that your business has been cleaned and sanitized for your employees and customers.
Safety is always a top priority for SERVPRO of Waycross, Hinesville & Douglas crews have extensive training on the proper use of disinfectants and personal protective equipment, and the proper procedures to give your employees and your customers' peace of mind.
Call to get Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned today!
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned – a defensive cleaning program
Let us help you get back to business
As our communities re-open, we’re all moving back toward a new kind of normal. The expectations of visitors, customers, and employees who come into our establishments have evolved, and staying safe and well is a top concern. The global COVID-19 pandemic has changed what it means to be clean, and we’ve developed a program to help your business meet the new higher standard of clean that is now expected.
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned is a defensive cleaning program we’re offering to businesses and commercial locations to address the current COVID-19 pandemic. This proactive viral pathogen cleaning program goes well beyond janitorial or carpet cleaning. By choosing Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you, your employees, your customers, and your community can rest assured that you’ve selected a higher cleaning standard – you are Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned.
Extensive training and specialized products
As the #1 choice in cleanup and restoration*, we stand on more than 50 years of experience and expertise to help your business become Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned. Beyond fire & water, SERVPRO professionals are trained and experienced in biohazard decontamination and chemical spills – always adhering to the cleaning and decontamination standards set by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and local authorities.
From formulating and creating our proprietary cleaning products, like SERVPROXIDE, at our headquarters in Gallatin, TN, to taking the utmost care while disinfecting, we will ensure you and your business are set up to inspire consumer confidence as the economy continues to reopen.
3 C’s – Consult, Clean, and Certify
When the stakes are this high, you want a partner who has developed an industry leading, proprietary training program, cleaning solutions, and remediation processes over decades. We’ve cleaned up some of the most challenging biohazards imaginable. Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned reflects our unique experiences and capabilities. The program is grounded with our unique 3 C’s: Consult, Clean, and Certify.
- Consult – Every business is different, which is why you’ll be assigned a Cleaning Protocol Consultant who understands your business and will create a cleaning program to meet your specific needs. This program will be developed based on your business type, size of space, amount of high frequency touchpoints, foot traffic and congestion points.
- Clean – Based on your specific business needs, your location will undergo a thorough, deep clean, using exclusive cleaning products, according to protocols set forth by the CDC. Our employees have years of experience, and we will go beyond the scope of work that regular janitorial staff perform. Cleanup procedures generally include cleaning of porous and non-porous surfaces, disinfecting of non-porous surfaces, cleaning and disinfecting of equipment, tools, and/or supplies used for cleanup process, and disposal of hazardous materials. In the event of a suspected or confirmed COVID-19 event, we will be there cleaning within 24 hours to ensure you get back to business as quickly as possible.
- Certify - Once your business location has been Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, you will gain access to proprietary signage, digital emblems, and other collateral that communicates that you’ve selected a higher standard of clean available to help protect your employees and customers. And because we add the day, month, and year to that proprietary stamp of clean, your guests will know that not only did you choose Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned, but that your location is being cleaned regularly at this standard.
Call today for a Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation
We’re Here to Help – 24 hours a day, seven days a week – until life is back to normal in the communities we all call home.
Call SERVPRO of Waycross, Hinesville & Douglas today at 912-285-0724 for your Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned consultation.
* #1 Choice in cleanup & restoration based Commercial Attitude & Usage Tracking study. Polling 816 commercial business decision-makers on the first choice for future needs related to cleanup & restoration work. A study conducted by C&R Research: October 2019
Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned means professionally trained SERVPRO franchises perform the requested cleaning, sanitizing and disinfection services according to proprietary SERVPRO protocols and recognized industry and CDC standards with EPA approved cleaning products to deliver a SERVPRO certified cleaning experience. Each SERVPRO franchise is independently owned and operated.
SERVPRO Gives Back During COVID-19
SERVPRO of Waycross, Hinesville, and Douglas were happy to help local first responders in Ware County by sanitizing emergency response vehicles.
Our first responders are always on the front line responding to calls and coming into contact with a lot of unknown. To give them peace of mind SERVPRO of Waycross, Hinesville, and Douglas offered a free wipe down and sanitation service of all emergency vehicles.
Our team was able to wipe down the interior of fire trucks, police cars, and ambulances. It was such a small act- but we hope the first responders know how much we care and respect them being on the front lines for us every day.
SERVPRO of Waycross, Hinesville, and Douglas is a proud community partner and stands ready to assist you by proactively cleaning against COVID-19. Ask how SERVPRO of Waycross, Hinesville, and Douglas can assist you - (912)285-0724
Most of us don’t think about the maintenance of our dryers, but we should! The U.S. Fire Administration reports that every year there are thousands of home fires started by clothes dryers.
Lint and debris can build up in your dryer vent, reducing airflow to the dryer, backing up dryer exhaust gases, which can result in a fire hazard. It is recommended you have your dryer exhaust system cleaned at least twice a year.
How to tell if your dryer vent is clogged
- The normal drying cycle is not drying clothes
- Clothes are hotter at the end of the cycle
- A large amount of lint accumulates in the lint trap
- Your laundry area is more humid
- The burnt smell in your laundry room
- The outside dryer vent cover is not lifting
There are tips online on how to clean your dryer vent system, but it is recommended you hire a professional. In addition to the reduced threat of fire, a cleaning can pay for itself in less than a year through improved efficiency with less drying time required.
SERVPRO of Waycross, Hinesville & Douglas is here for you should you do have a loss from a dryer vent fire.